Saturday 2 October 2010

Review of The Occult Files of Albert Taylor by Derek Muk

Meet Albert Taylor, an anthropology professor who investigates cases of the paranormal on the side.


The Occult Files of Albert Taylor written by Derek Muk, is a collection of stories told from the point of view of anthropology professor, Albert Taylor. Each story is sectioned into cases from a haunted asylum, a vampire on the University Campus to Jack the Ripper coming back from the Dead.

Personally, this book wasn't my cup of tea – I can only tell the truth, but that is not to say that it isn't an enjoyable book. I thought the stories that I read were interesting and the plots very well thought out and I am sure anyone who enjoys paranormal investigative collections, would love to get their hands on this book. There are eleven stories in this collection, though I am sure that after reading all about Albert Taylor, you will want to learn more about him.


One thing that I personally think this book could have benefited from was some sort of introduction to Albert Taylor, as I felt that his character was repeatedly described in every story and wasn't needed. If we had learned something about his character in an introduction then I think I personally wouldn't have rolled my eyes every time his character was described. Other than that, I thought the stories were very interesting and executed excellently and the other characters making an appearance in each one stood out as likable.


The Occult Files of Albert Taylor was published by Impact Books in 2010 and printed in the USA. A handful of the stories can also be found in various other publication on and off the web including Sonar4 Magazine, Switchblade Magazine and Night to Dawn, to name just a couple.
The Occult Files of Albert Taylor can be found at Amazon.com Amazon.co.uk and all other good. retailers

No comments:

Post a Comment