Tuesday 3 November 2009

NaNoWriMo 2009 is here!!

OK, so its day 2 of NaNoWriMo and I'm chugging on quite nicely. At 5350 words, I am above the daily target which I am happy about. The only thing, is finding the time to actually sit down and write. With kids and housework, and everything I have going on with House of Horror including the Duel and the Best of 2009 anthology, it is just so tiring! I managed it lasy year and sailed through it finishing my 50,000 word novel 'False Awakenings' in just 29 days, and I really pride myself on being able to do that. But last year I wasn't the Editor of an ezine growing in popularity. I didn't have 50+ submissions a month to go through etc.

I can see me getting about half way through and ending it there. I plan to at least make it half way through anyway and then even if I don't complete Nano this year, at least I will have something of Novella length that I can work with. I only have one completed novel to date and a few unfinished ones. It would be nice to see more of my work in print - something to show the kids when they are older, and definitely something to sell (Not that my first novel is doing oh so well!!)

So, all in all, I really should get back to it. The housework is done, the kids have been fed and watered and come bedtime, I will finally be able to sit down with a cheap glass of wine and stare blankly at the computer screen! No, seriously. I know what I have to write and after finishing off last night, I managed to set up my next scene and chapter quite well so I know I will manage at least another thousand words tonight if not more. But I am still working on another novel along with the stuff for House of Horror. I can't let NaNoWriMo get in the way of other more important priorities.

So, how are all my nano friends doing out there? Are you finding it hard to keep the momentum. Is the first day flow of writing beginning to slow already? Let me know how you are handling Nano with everyday life also.

Thats me done moaning for the day, off to start the bedtime routine with the kids. The earlier they go to bed, the earlier I can get to that glass of wine....

No comments:

Post a Comment